I figure let the rules be what you want them to be...generally follow along Beer Pong..but since some have asked.. I found these have been used most often.
Player Skill Level:
Novice Start with boards 6 ft apart
Beginner Start with boards 8 ft apart
Intermediate Start with boards 10 ft apart
Advance Start with boards 12ft apart
Expert Start with boards 15 ft apart
Starting the Game
- Cups are arranged into the triangle shape on the board
- Boards are set up apart based on skill level.
Game Play - Adheres to typical Beer Pong Rules
Bounces are allowed -
- no defensive swatting of the ball away on bounces
- If playing in teams each player gets one opportunity to make a shot, if the game is played one on one, players are allotted (2) opportunities to make a shot
- if (2) consecutive shots are made and you get the ball back
- 1 re-rack is given after 4 cups are made
- The first person or team to make all the cups is the winner or whoever has the least cups after time expires (if timing-ave time is 30 mins) is the winner.
If the game is tied when time expires the game goes into a (3) cup over time with 5 minutes on the clock. whoever has less cups wins or if the game is still tied the match ends in a draw.
- 3 cups are placed at shooters discretion on the board but must be next to each other , and cannot use the very front single hole on the board
During Tournament Play (4 or 8 teams)
- If any team misses the board completely 4 consecutive times a cup will be added back to the board
- if a team makes 4 shots in a row then 1 additional cup is taken off the board
- In the finals to determine the champion of the league, there is no such thing as a draw game. game must play until a winner is determined
Ending the Game
- If teams are tied 1 to 1 at the end, and one team makes a shot to end the game, the opposing team has a chance to rebuttal the shot to bring the cup back.